Personal or Business

If you have a Personal or Business service, you can extend online, over the phone or at the Post Office.


You can extend a Concession Mail Redirection online, over the phone or at the Post Office. To extend a Concession Mail Hold, please call us or visit the Post Office.

Home office

If you have a Home office Mail Redirection or Mail Hold, we can process your service extension at the Post Office.

What you'll need

To extend your service you'll need to provide:

  • Your 9-digit Customer Reference Number (you can find your CRN on your original application, confirmation letter and extension letter)
  • Your surname (so that we can verify your identity)

Note: please allow 3 full business days for your extension to take effect. Your extension letter includes a pay by date to guide you. If you miss the pay by date, you’ll need to take out a new service, rather than extend.

Extending while overseas

If you’re overseas2 and need to extend your service (applies to all Mail Redirection and Mail Hold service types) you can extend online, call us to pay by credit card or have someone lodge the change for you at the Post Office.