No more missed deliveries
Not home when your parcel arrives? We can still leave it in a safe place so it’s waiting for you when you get back1.
When is a parcel suitable to be left in a safe place?
An address must first be considered accessible and safe by our drivers. If it is, then we’ll leave it in a safe place if:
- the parcel doesn’t require a signature, or
- the parcel does require a signature, but the sender has instructed us it can be left in a safe place, provided us with your contact details, and you’ve chosen for us to do so.
Safe places are those that are hidden on your premises, at the front door / porch, in your mailbox (if it fits), under the carport / verandah or by the side gate.
Download our free mobile app
Use it to track2 your parcel, tell us to leave it in a safe place or change its delivery address.
Why we won't leave a parcel
We won’t leave a parcel at your property if the sender strictly requires a signature on delivery, or your location is considered unsafe or inaccessible to our drivers.
Examples of unsafe locations include when:
- the front of the property is near the street in view of passers-by
- the location is not protected from the weather
- our posties would have to leave their bike unattended or out of sight
- our posties are uncertain if there are dogs present or a pet that may interfere with the parcel delivery
- it’s an apartment where we only have ground level, common area access
- the driver feels that the parcel will be unsafe due to other factors (for example, there were many people gathered near your property at the time of delivery)
Missed a delivery?
If you're not home to sign for a delivery or there's no safe place to leave your parcel3, we'll take it to the nearest Post Office.
You'll have 10 business days to collect it before it’s returned to the sender.